Home       What Is On My List       Rants and Raves       About Me       Contact Me

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Manners Suck.

I was in Dover, Delaware recently, visiting my best friend Tory for her birthday. Naturally while I was there, we had to stop in at Dunkin' Donuts to purchase several of the delightful morsels. As we entered the Dunkin' Donuts on North Dupont Highway, there was a sign posted on the door. It said, "Please complete cell phone calls prior to placing your order." I found this to be extremely amusing, so I made Tory get her camera out of her purse so I could take a picture of the sign. I find it comical yet oddly disturbing that customers talking on their cell phones while simultaneously placing an order at the counter of Dunkin' Donuts has become a large enough problem that the manager, or whoever is in charge of the establishment, has had to place a sign on the door in an attempt to eliminate this rude behavior. Now, I myself am one of those individuals who is attached at the hip to their cell phone - but seriously people! Has our world really become one that is completely devoid of any and all manners?

No comments: