Home       What Is On My List       Rants and Raves       About Me       Contact Me

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid.

On March 24th, I saw one of my best friends from childhood, Allison, that I had last seen when we were in highschool. Allison, her mom, and her three children spent the day in Indianapolis going to the Children's Museum and Build-A-Bear, with their final stop being the ever popular family entertainment center Chuck E. Cheese's. I met them for dinner that evening after I got off work, and it was a blast. :-) I was nervous at first, because you can never really predict what it is going to be like when you see someone for the first time in years, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was like no time had passed between us at all. It is comforting to know that true friendships do exist, where no matter how much time has passed or what has happened in your life, you can always pick up right where you left off. I have to say, my favorite part of the evening was when Allison and I got up to play some games. Not only is Chuck E. Cheese's a place where a kid can be a kid, but it is a place where an adult can be a kid as well. :-) Here's hoping I will always be able to connect with my inner child.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi buttbe! What are you up to. Nici set up my blog and I just added a fee words. I have to get more pictures. How are you and the rest of the smith clan?